Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back again.

Hey Guys. *sheepish grin*
So, recently I've been getting back into the swing of things. I reconnected with my camera again after a long period of not having time to do shoots or to edit/sift through the photos I took. I've also become immensely fond of my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. I knew I would have fun on this program when I received it as a christmas gift, but I've been hesitant to really dive into it because I've never been really big on photo editing. I like trying to perfect my pictures as I'm shooting. I don't like the idea of having to tweak a photo so much that it looks unrecognizable from the original. Although I do believe that that's still a worthy cause, it's ended up leading to a lot of frustration once I would download my pictures and look at them and realize that a lot of the photos I thought would come out fantastically while I was shooting, were lacking something. So I sucked up my pride and started using the tools I have available to me. Earlier this month, my older sister discovered Lynda.com, which is an online database that offers video training and tutorials on how to use basically any kind software, and a ton of other fantastic things for a small monthly fee, which in my opinion, is totally worth it. I. Love. This. Website. I have learned so much that would have taken me FOREVER to figure out on my own. It's gotten me excited about photography and the endless possibilities I have at my fingertips. And I could go on forever about that, but basically it's just super cool and I've been spending hours a day learning and experimenting with my photos, and it's a blast.


Example number 1. :) (this is a screen cap, so obviously it's not the best quality)
This is a photo I took last year I think, and I had been pretty pleased with the warmness and everything. I didn't, however, like the extremity of it, and the way it almost appeared fuzzy. But at the time I didn't think I could do anything about it. I pulled it out again a few days ago after watching a few Lynda videos, and I fixed it up! And I am SO EXCITED! 
I've been geeking out all week. It's awesome. 

I took a photoshoot of my dear little sister Maleny, and these are some of my favorites. 








Alrighty, I gotta get back to my day. God is good. I am particularly grateful to Him for the wonderful self-motivated learning skill He has placed in me. I know that's not something everyone has. 
I'm excited to see what's next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment